Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Tuesday - SOAP

by Cammy Brantzeg 

Wow!  God was moving big yesterday but that is the normal when I am in South Africa.  

One story that will illustrate my point is soap.  Sherri Jarvis is a friend of mine in the US.  A few years ago I went to her house to learn how to make soap.  I thought it might be a possible business for Mosaic to employ their mothers.  I made soap and took it down to SA to give away to the Mosaic mothers and Ma's for Wellington community volunteers.  The opportunity for the business never happened but I love the soap we made together.  We were trying to make a simple soap with ingredients that were easy to get and cheap.

Sherri recently made soap with the youth at our church for me to bring to SA.  My son Seth helped to make the soap.  I took some of that soap to give to the Ma's for Wellington volunteers yesterday.  They gave me a moment to talk to the Tannie (Auntie) Mommas yesterday.  I also shared with them on of the Bible verses that I pray for them.  

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace
because you trust in him.  Then you will overflow with confident hope through
the power of the Holy Spirit.  Romans 15:13


After that I went over to Stephanie (Started Ma's for Wellington) and she told me she was going to go buy the ladies soap and now she didn't need to.  SA schools go on school holiday (break) next week.  She created a Bible study of Genesis for the Ma's ladies and was going to talk to them about the SOAP  Bible study method.  

S - Scripture, O - Observation, A - Application, P - Prayer

As you read the Bible, you select a verse (Scripture).  Think about or write down our Observations about the verse.  You then think about ways to Apply the verse to your life.  When you are done with these steps you Pray to God.

Steph wanted to get the ladies soap to hand out as she told them about this method and then I show up giving the ladies soap.  

You might say this is just a coincidence but when you have seen things like this happen over and over in SA you know it is not coincidence it is God.  It is beyond humbling to be in SA again and to see these moments unfold.  So much joy!

Thank you to Sherri and the youth at our church for making this soap!  I am not sure how it came to be that Sherri was making the soap with the youth but each of us did our little part of God's plan to make something much bigger than all of us happen.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Chosen

by Cammy Brantzeg  We arrived in the US this morning around 6:00 am in Newark, NJ.  It is around 8:00 pm right now and I feel like I have be...