Thursday, June 30, 2022

Filling My Bucket

by Michele Zincone

The second part of our trip has been in lovely Port Elizabeth, near the Indian Ocean - just breathtaking. Upon arrival, we learned of a severe water shortage that they are experiencing. So much so that we had buckets in our shower to conserve water. It got me thinking…

This trip has been so incredible and I know we will all treasure this time and we are are forever impacted by this amazing place.

This visit to P.E. was so moving. Once again, we were received with open arms and generous hearts. You can feel the love all around - amongst the children and teachers, at the beautiful Mosaic program, in the township homes, at Amani Guest House with Carl, on Safari with Zane and the list continues…

Witnessing Mama Estelle with the children and community is inspiring; she is an angel here on earth. And Carl, Big Fish, with his generous heart, so giving of his time…he serves with such strength and passion.

A trip like this is filled with emotions, actually so many that you may have a day where your bucket of energy is running low. But Port Elizabeth more than filled my bucket. Estelle, Carl, Judy, Nozi, Bruce, the beautiful children and families - they filled my bucket and for this I am forever grateful and will never forget.

And to my travels mates…Cammy, Vicki and Amy - thank you! You fill my bucket and bless me with your kind, giving hearts and friendship.

Brantzeg family, you fill my bucket in ways I couldn’t have even imagined. What you have built and the lives you touch is a gift beyond words.

I leave South Africa with a full bucket and I give thanks to God for this time and the chance to meet so many amazing new friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chosen

by Cammy Brantzeg  We arrived in the US this morning around 6:00 am in Newark, NJ.  It is around 8:00 pm right now and I feel like I have be...