Saturday, June 25, 2022

Home

by Vicki Pry 

Home…

This is my 10th trip to SA and, for more reasons than I can capture here, I feel this sense of coming Home. And why is that??? And, what IS Home, really??? Home is for me, a place where you feel loved and special and valued and welcomed. Home is where you are greeted with joy and appreciation- no expectations. Home is the place where your shoulders relax and your brain stops racing and you find yourself smiling and laughing with reckless abandon. Home is where the love of Jesus is palpable and often brings unexpected tears of joy…simply because the Spirit is moving in such beautiful ways. Home is a place you long for. Home is where the people you love are found. Home is also the place where you comfort one another when you’re hurting or feeling discouraged. Home is, for me in this moment in time…S.A.


I’m experiencing this trip differently than previous ones for several reasons: we are a small team, which is amazing on so many levels. Add to that the fact that my daughter, Amy, is here with me. Also, I find myself seeing things fresh and anew through Amy’s and Michele’s eyes, both of whom are here for the first time. With all of that, my love for this place and these people has increased exponentially. Our experiences~from preschoolers to teens to moms and grandmas, to MOSAIC staff and volunteers, to the precious folks of Avodah (differently abled teens and adults), well, the connections and blessings are practically indescribable. 

Surely I miss Home USA and family and Hopewell, no question. And yes, I find myself counting the number of days it will be until I see those of you there I love so dearly. But for now, I am Home, exactly where God calls me-in this country, with these people who so warmly and graciously receive us and draw us in and who bless us, teach us and love us. My heart overflows with gratitude.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Chosen

by Cammy Brantzeg  We arrived in the US this morning around 6:00 am in Newark, NJ.  It is around 8:00 pm right now and I feel like I have be...